Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 19, 2011

Fabric collection



I am always curious to see how fabric collections are organized. This is mine, as small as it is. I do have some larger pieces that won't fit or just don't look right on the bookshelf. I also have some smaller plastic totes that hold my strips and jelly rolls as well as scraps.

My house is over 110 years old and the bookshelf encloses what used to be a passageway to the room that was originally the front parlor (it is now a bedroom). After reading hundreds of tips and ways to organize fabric I decided this was the best way for me to utilize the space I have. I have curtains in the works that will hang on cafe rods that swing out and open all the way. When closed, the curtains will prevent the fabric from receiving direct sunlight. If left uncovered, the afternoon sunlight that pours in the windows would fade the fabric, especially where it is creased from being folded.

I would love to know how you have organized your fabric! Or do you have an organized mess that only you can make sense of?

1 comment:

  1. I organize my fabric in almost the same fashion. Always by color, then I have separate totes for each holiday theme fabrics and I keep all my scraps in my grandfathers old army footlocker. Also, when I'm done with a project, I put all those scraps in a big freezer bag so I can pull out a bag and know that all those scraps go well together.

    ReplyDelete